THE ORCHESTRA Directed by Marlene urbay
A Group of 25 professional dancers from Broadway and locally will perform under the direction and choreography of Antonio Brijas.
Two time Grammy winner and Emmy-recipient, Albita is the most authentic Cuban singer. Hailing from Havana, Albita has moved the world through her music. Albita is “the reincarnation of a 1930's European chanteuse, a Berlin Cabaret singer transfused with Latin blood," said the Los Angeles Times.
As a young singer demonstrating her authentic roots, she was noticed through her dynamic contribution to the renovation of traditional Cuban music while adding a very personal style to her compositions, musical arrangements and singing.
A composer and Grammy winner, Gutierrez defines his style as "Cuban Pop", a mixture of various musical genres including the old and the Nueva Trova, a few twists of contemporary music, the authorial sense of the golden age of bolero, and even Mexican music.
His first album, Amaury Gutierrez (1999) was nominated for a Latin Grammy and sold more than 600,000 copies.
He received the Up-and-Coming Artist of the Year Onda Award in Spain in 2000. In 2009, Gutierrez celebrated with a spectacular concert for the 20th anniversary of his artistic career.
He began his career at the end of the 1970s with the "Nueva Trova Movement" in Havana, Cuba. Luis settled in Berlin, Germany, and performed with several bands in clubs and festivals. In 1994, Bofill came to Miami, performing at the 90’s iconic nightclub CAFÉ NOSTALGIA in Miami Beach. In 2000, Luis started his own band. In 2005, he recorded the album Costumbres with SONY-BMG, the later, Made in Habana (2012) produced by Descemer Bueno and in 2017, he released Arsenio Essential, in homage to the great Cuban composer Arsenio Rodríguez.
“Singer Luis Bofill has the kind of voice that calls out for a good time. The Cuban native is a Miami nightlife institution known for his classic bolero styling, lusty laugh and all-night-long enthusiasm,” said Judy Cantor-Navas of Billboard Magazine.
At just three years old, Grethel Ortiz began singing and dancing. Ortiz studied at the Escuela de Arte Samuel where she and other dancers were selected from 200 children for the arts scholarship. Presently, Ortiz continues her artistic career as a singer, dancer, actress and model.
She has participated in numerous television programs, radio stations, theatrical plays and musical theater, most recently: Que Pasa USA? Today and Celia Cruz: the musical.
Andrea Ferro is a bilingual Los Angeles based Actress. A graduate of The Atlantic, she had the honor of performing the role of Trini in Baño De Luna, written and directed by the Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Nilo Cruz. After that journey, she performed Farhad Or The Secret Of Being, a monologue with music, also written and directed by Nilo Cruz. .
Most recently, Ferro wrapped production on the Big Feed, a feature film that will premiere in the Spring of 2020.As well as being an actress, Ferro recently became a faculty member at The Atlantic Acting School. Her passion for the scenic arts led her to be part of important works such as Little Women, The Dreams of Anne Frank and Les Miserables, among many others.
Cuban American actor Sandy Marquetti graduated from the National School of Art (E.N.A), in Havana, Cuba, with a focus on theater. He made his film debut playing one of the leading characters in the musical film Bailando Cha Cha Chá (2005) under the direction of Manuel Herrera.
He has participated in productions such as Oh, La Habana (2007), a Cuban telenovela; and the films El Premio Flaco (2009); Chico & Rita (2010) under the guidance of the Spanish Director and Producer Fernando Trueba; Fable (2011); Barefoot Valeria (2011); The Dragon Hunter (2012); Juan de los muertos (2012) and Cuba Loves Lovers (2019). Has worked for Canal Caracol TV, RCN, in Miami, at América TeVé, MEGA TV and formed part of the cast of Telemundo telenovelas: Reina de Corazones, En Otra Piel y Bajo el Mismo Cielo.
Jeffry Batista is a Cuban born actor and singer. He has been in plays throughout South Florida including Amparo (Broadway Factor), Cacería (Teatro Prometeo) and the musical La Novicia Rebelde (Grateli), among others.
His film credits include The Rafter, Plantados directed by Lilo Vilaplana, and most recently, Critical Thinking, directed by John Leguizamo. Batista is a graduate of the Professional Conservatory of Theatre Arts at Teatro Prometeo.
Executive Producer & Show Creator
Director, Producer and Designer of many Large Events in Miami. “I have a passion for creating new events in our city to keep our residents engaged with the community.” Regalado says.
● Grand Prix Americas Miami
● Homestead Miami Speedway SpeedFest
● Latin Grammys’ Street Parties
● Downtown Holiday Village
● House of Terror Amusement Park
● Mediterranean Experience
● St. Jude Gala, since 2003 to 2015
● The Miami Herald –Travel Show
● IDB 49th Annual Board of Governors Meeting
● FELABAN Conference & Welcome Party
● Viva La Musica Private Concert with Gente De Zona
● House of Death, Haunted House & Lounge – Wynwood
● Cuba Nostalgia 2019 Edicion
An MBA Graduate in International Business with a passion for theater, Ferro has dedicated the las 20 years to developing culture and theater experiences in Miami through the following events and venues:
● Founder of Teatro de Venevision International
● A 2,50 LA CUBA LIBRE at the Coconut Grove Playhouse
● Babalu Theater in NEW YORK
● BANO DE DAMAS at the Miracle Theater
● MASTER CLASS at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
● Bellas Artes in PUERTO RICO
● Executive Producer of Telemundo’s LAURA
● Creator and Executive Producer of the HIV awareness campaign 25 Mitos, 25 Realidades
● Creator and Executive Producer of the campaign El Momento decisión
● Co-founder of MICROTEATRO MIAMI
● VP of Programming and Production of MIRA TV
● Founder of PASEO DE LAS ARTES in DORAL
● Founder of PASEO WYNWOOD
● Founder of HISTEPA
Artistic director and Choreographer
An international Choreographer with more than 40 years in the industry working with the top global Event and Dance Companies, Drija has captured the magic of the arts through millions of viewers in all his shows.
● More than 12 years with Cirque Du Soleil in Vegas
● Special Guest Performer for Cirque Eloize from Montreal and Montecarlo
● Leading Actor and cast Captain of ZUMMANITY in Vegas
● Choreographer of Univision and Telemundo Special shows
● Leading male Role on the film “Besame Mucho”
● Choreographer for concerts : Gilberto Santa Rosa, Juan Gabriel, Celia Cruzand Thalia, Among Others.
● Artistic Director,Choreographer and creative advisor to Adrianne Arsh Center
After becoming one of the Youngest Cuban Orchestra Directors in the world, Urbay immigrated to the United States and formed The Florida Chamber Orchestra.
● Graduated by Alejandro Garcia Caturla Conservatory in Havana, National School of the Arts.
● Graduated at the “Instituto Superior de Arte” with exceptional high honors in orchestral conducting.
● Master's Degree at University of Miami School of Music, with excellence in orchestral conducting
● Guest conductor at the Philharmonic Orchestra of Lima, Perú, Symphony Orchestra of Mexico D.F.,
Symphony Orchestra of Puerto Rico, Philharmonic Orchestra of Tokyo and Osaka, Symphony Orchestra of Silecia, Poland,
Opera and Ballet Orchestra in Prague, Czech Republic.
● Only Latin American woman conductor to earn a special award at Poland’s prestigious G. Fitelberg competition for
international orchestra conductors.
● Received a proclamation by the City of Miami “ Marlene Urbay’s Day” (September 28, “Hispana Triunfadora, In 2000,
she released her first CD, “Memories of Cuba” and in 2005, “Échale Salsita.”
JORGE NOA AND
Noa and Balmaseda, of Nobarte Interior Designs, include set and costume design for theater, film and television within their body of work, alternating it with their architectural and interior projects. Their designs for Teatro Avante, Miami Dade College's Teatro Prometeo, Wolfson Opera / Musical Theatre Ensemble, Arca Images, Pro Arte Grateli, Veritatem Theater and with the Miami International Hispanic Theater Festival have graced stages in Spain, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Brazil, Costa Rica, Peru, Slovenia and the United States.
Most recently, the team created designs for the theatrical versions of Loud and Live Productions' Que pasa USA? Today and Amparo, the true story of Broadway Factor's Havana Club Rum.
For General Show Information or other questions please call us at 305.222.2221
ALL MATERIAL IS COPYRIGHTED 2020 CUBA UNDER THE STARS